Monday, March 26, 2007

What women want

I don't know if I'll watch this special on twentysomething women at 8 tonight on Lifetime, but I'm glad that it's out there. Too bad it has to be on "Lifetime Television for Women," known for its soap-opera portrayals of women (many of whome seem to have, at one time, acted on 90210, Melrose Place, or Saved by the Bell) being victimized by countless tormentors.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070326/COLUMNISTS15/703260358/1048

2 comments:

officetemporal said...

I did end up seeing about 5-10 minutes of this last night. Although I was glad to see that someone was trying to give voice to the 20-something woman, I was annoyed that, once again, the report focused on an elite segment of the population. Well-to-do women in large cities (in this case NYC) do not accurately represent the average 20-something. But I can't say too much about this since, like I said, I only saw one vignette on the young lawyer who quits her $145K/year job to start her own business in entertainment law. It was hard to empathize with her (especially while temping for a pittance/hr ;)

Anonymous said...

People from NYC seem to think their world is THE world -- it's really kind of annoying. I love New York, and all, but the US is SO much bigger than tiny little NYC!