Monday, April 2, 2007

One of the most disturbing pictures I've seen of the war so far:













This picture accompanied a story on CNN that cited last week's Tal Afar truck bombing as the deadliest of the war so far.

For some reason, the picture really struck me. Maybe it's the men perched on the side of a truck full of bodies. Or maybe it's the contrast between their morbid mission and the colorful rainbow of material covering the bodies. Even though there's no blood apparent in the picture, it's one of the saddest I've seen of the war.

This kind of puts my droning about office monotony in perspective.

CNN Story: (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/02/iraq.main/index.html).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree it is very disturbing. I remember hearing something on npr about someone who took a trip to canada and they were amazed at how much more the Canadian government was able to show of the war. They showed American soldier's bodies coming back by the dozens and casualty pictures. Apparently Clinton struck a deal with the media that they wouldn't show certain types of pictures. I'll have to research it more. But, yesterday I watched this thing on CNN about how over a thousand civilians died in Iraq the past two months. But, apparently according to John McCain things are improving in Baghdad. And according to republicans a time table=defeat! What a bunch of BS!