Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The New Modern Woman, Ambitious and Feeble

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/05/arts/television/05grey.html?ex=1179028800&en=bdc5ad51ee23d031&ei=5070&emc=eta1

My Mom sent me this article review of the latest 2-hour episode of Grey's Anatomy. TV actresses, like their movie star counterparts, should start complaining about a lack of strong female leads. Although I admit to enjoying Grey's, I can't help but wonder why anyone would want to be with some of these women. They can't make up their minds, they complain constantly, and they seem to be highly susceptible to any and every hint of testosterone that crosses their paths. Why not let Addison remain a witch and see what happens? Why does her character have to become more ditzy and "vulnerable" (read - psychotic) to be likeable? It's a disturbing trend, but I don't imagine that it will change any time soon.

No comments: